ABOUT LINKS
about


♥hui ying
280398

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
-John Lennon

Currently lost but I'm finding my way.


Overseas Service Learning. // Tuesday, June 11, 2013
1:30 PM
To some, it may easily have been another chapter or part of their learning and growth process but to me, it was the place that I wish I never had to leave. 

When we first arrived, the people there were so welcoming and friendly even when the mentors said that they have a quiet and shy culture there. The people created a warm and comfortable environment for us to stay and serve in.

The beneficiaries that we aimed to serve were all so kind and understanding. They accepted our flaws and opened up to us really quickly, allowing us to serve them to the best of our abilities. Even when we were there for 'work', they made it so fun and enjoyable that it seemed more like a vacation than a service trip. They taught me a lot of things about life, things that I wouldn't have realized if I didn't interact with them. The friendship formed within that short amount of time made it difficult to say goodbye, knowing that we will probably never see them again. 

Till the last day, they kept the bright smiles on their faces, bringing us endless joy. 

It was once said that we are the superheroes who have the ability to change someone's life but they are truly the super superheroes who made this trip a memorable one.