ABOUT LINKS
about


♥hui ying
280398

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
-John Lennon

Currently lost but I'm finding my way.


Out. // Thursday, February 23, 2012
8:21 PM
Doctors, lawyers, scientists. What do all these occupations have in common? Smart people. Most, if not all, of the people in these occupations graduated from top schools all around the world.

'What do you want to be when you grow up?' Many people asked me this question. Their questions are usually peppered with 'lawyer', 'doctors' and 'scientist'. Why is it that smart people have to work as lawyers, doctors or scientists?

Some might say that it is an avenue to give back to society but then again, is that the only way? Are those in the other occupations not giving back to society?

What fun is there in life if everything is done according to what society perceives to be right? What happened to all the adventuring, exploring and then discovering?

If the tree never faces strong winds, it will grow tall and straight. If the tree experiences strong winds every now and then, it will be growing in all directions even if it is crooked. The crooked tree would have more character than the straight tree and as a human being, having character is a very important thing.